The KPMG Global Tech Report 2023 found that advancement in technology is not being slowed by the uncertainties in the economy.
Among the key findings of the report are:
- ESG has become the priority for innovation, with advancing commitments in the area serving as the top innovation goal for technology over the coming two years.
- the number of businesses with leadership buy-in for emerging technology has more than tripled to 38% from 10%
- the largest group of respondents see technology investment driving profit or performance improvement uplift of more than 10%, compared with 2.5% in the year prior
- artificial intelligence is seen as the most important technology for achieving short-term ambitions
- lack of coordination is dubbed as the top hurdle for technology function's transformation progress
- 67% say that they are expected to do more with a smaller budget, in comparison to last year