The recent outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has forced companies and finance teams to react quickly and effectively. It poses greater challenges. In some cases, entire industries are affected, supply chains are mixed up and sales markets are breaking down.
Finance team need to act as business partners and be the interface between functions and other business areas. It is important to understand what developments are conceivable, what can happen to us in the worst case, what countermeasures do we have?
Excel remains the de facto standard for planning – users can quickly, cost-effectively and independently conduct budgeting, and forecasting. At the same time, the disadvantages are unavoidable – prone to errors, time-consuming, lacking in modern data security & compliance standards, and often become simply unmaintainable over time.
The Excel+ philosophy has guided Jedox since our foundation.
The Jedox solution allows users across the organization to work in Excel effortlessly. It offers a powerful native Excel integration to Jedox web and mobile applications. The compatibility, however, goes much further.
By automating important but frequent planning processes, you can react faster and work out fast and accurate budgets & forecast in times of uncertainty.
- Go beyond the rigidity of Excel columns and rows that requires constant reconciliation when you add more data
- Centrally define calculation formulas – create one business rule instead of 100,000 copies of the same calculation
- Minimise key person risk with auditable models instead of custom linked spreadsheets
- Plan and analyse at scale by automatically linking back to the source instead of manually exporting and copying data
- Keep the intuitiveness and familiarity of your spreadsheet to minimize disruption
Catch the next episode, coming soon to this channel.